If you don’t have enough going on, and want to enjoy some of the spirit of the season, consider some of these events to fill your time and add to the joy of the holidays.
- 2nd ANNUAL GULFPORT HARBOR LIGHTS WINTER FESTIVAL: November 25th to January 1st, nightly between 5 and 9 pm at Jones Park, Highway 90, Gulfport. This light show can be viewed as a walking tour or aboard the trolley. Santa will be in residence, and his elves will be available for Elfie Selfies. There will be hot chocolate and concession items to purchase if you get hungry or thirsty. Ron Meyers Productions will be working with local artists to bring in hand-crafted and unique gift items. There will be rides for the kids. Price for admission is $5 each or a 12-punch pass card for $40. There is also park and pay available, so you can pay for covered parking and ride the shuttle over if you like. This event is sponsored by the City of Gulfport, Island View Casino Resort and Coast Transit Authority.
- A CHRISTMAS CAROL BY CHARLES DICKENS: December 1st to the 3rd at KROC CENTER MS GULF COAST, 575 Division Street, Biloxi. A 45-minute presentation of the classic Christmas tale, this is a great way to kick off the season. Call 228-207-1218 for information.
- 31st ANNUAL CHRISTMAS ON THE WATER BOAT PARADE:December 4th, this free event entices all ages. Starting around six pm, there will be boats of all kinds with decorations galore. The best areas to stage for viewing the parade are between the Biloxi Small Craft Harbor and Casino Row, or between the Biloxi Lighthouse and Beau Rivage Resort and Casino.
- 55TH ANNUAL CHRISTMAS TOUR OF HOMES: December 5th, sponsored by the Civic League of Gulfport. This lovely afternoon will be spent viewing the Christmas decorations of the most beautifully decorated homes in Gulfport and the surrounding area. Refreshments will be served and the cost is $15 per person. You may call 228-896-0415, 228-896-9582, or 228-863-3856 for more information.
- INTERNATIONAL CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL AND PASTRY SALE:December 10th from 10 am to 7 pm. If you are a culinary adventurist, don’t miss this one. The Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church, 225 Beauvoir Road, Biloxi, will be providing amazing delicacies from Greece, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Moldova, Georgia, Germany, Belarus, America, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, and Hungary. There will be pastries, ice cream, and beer. There will also be items for sale, so you can take some home. Live music brought by Nick Trivelas, and folk dancing representing several of the focus countries will occur throughout the event. Kids will have things to do, including a bouncy house, face painting, crafts, and more. This will be a memorable day, so come and enjoy.
Most of all, have a safe and happy holiday. Enjoy your family and friends, share the spirit of the season, relax and escape the hustle of life, and treasure every tradition and new memory. Happy holidays from Tri-County Eye!
Tri-County Eye Clinic has been setting the standard for eye care on the Gulf Coast. We have two convenient locations in Biloxi and Orange Grove, Mississippi and would love to be your home for all of your eyecare needs!
CONTACT US TODAY! NEW PATIENTS WELCOME!
15122 Dedeaux Rd
Gulfport, MS 39503
Call for Appointment (228) 832-1242
Optical Shop (228) 832-1359
431 Bertucci Blvd.
Biloxi, MS 39531
Call for Appointment (228) 385-2020
Optical Shop (228) 388-9439
Connect with us on social media! Follow @TriCountyEyes on Twitter and like our Orange Grove and Biloxi Facebook Pages! www.tcecms.com
© Southern View Media 2016: Reproduction without explicit permission is prohibited. All Rights Reserved.